BULTEN'S Q3 REPORT 2022
Increased net sales in a challenging environment
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,095 (764) million, an increase of 43.3% on the same period last year.
- Operating earnings (EBIT) totaled SEK 47 (31) million, equating to an operating margin of 4.3% (4.1).
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 18 (16) million.
- Order bookings amounted to SEK 1,033 (830) million, an increase of 24.4% on the same period last year.
- Cash flow from operating activities totaled SEK -27 (-122) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK 0.65 (0.68).
- Bulten was nominated as a supplier of fasteners for a new global electric vehicle (EV) platform to be produced in China. The order value is estimated at approximately SEK 155 million a year at full production.
- Bulten began a collaboration with Polestar on the development project Polestar 0, which aims to build a climate-neutral electric car by 2030, by eliminating emissions in the supply chain. Bulten’s contribution will be the delivery of climate-neutral fasteners.
JANUARY - SEPTEMBER
- Net sales amounted to SEK 3,135 (2,777) million, an increase of 12.9% on the same period last year.
- Operating earnings (EBIT) totaled SEK 77 (184) million, equating to an operating margin of 2.5% (6.6).
- Adjusted operating earnings totaled SEK 170 (184) million, equating to an adjusted operating margin of 5.4% (6.6). In light of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the related sanctions, Bulten discontinued its operation in Russia during the second quarter. Divestment costs related to the Russian operation burdened the result by SEK -93 million. Apart from the transaction costs, the divestment has no effect on the cash flow.
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 1 (122) million. Adjusted earnings after tax amounted to SEK 94 (122).
- Cash flow from operating activities totaled SEK 48 (3) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK -0.37 (5.69). Adjusted earnings per share were SEK 4.03 (5.69).
- Net debt amounted to SEK 1,081 (623) million. Net debt (excluding lease liabilities) totaled SEK 569 (285) million.
- The equity/assets ratio was 42.9% (50.9) at the end of the period. The equity/assets ratio (excluding lease liabilities) totaled 49.1% (56.6).
“Net sales in Q3 increased by a full 43% compared to the same quarter in 2021, and was the second highest quarterly sales figure in Bulten’s history. Demand remained good although profitability was pressured by major operating disruptions among certain customers, due to a shortage of components and higher inflation. The focus moving forward will be on reducing stock levels and increasing margins. Our position as an innovative partner with sustainable solutions was confirmed through an exciting new collaboration with Polestar,” says Anders Nyström, President and CEO.
A live presentation for analysts, media and investors will be held today, October 27, at 15:30 CEST during a webcasted teleconference where President and CEO Anders Nyström and CFO Anna Åkerblad will be commenting on the result. The presentation will be held in English and include a Q&A session.
To participate in the teleconference, please dial in 5 minutes before the opening:
The presentation can be followed live via the link: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/bulten-q3-2022
Copies of the presentation will be available at www.bulten.com/ir 30 minutes before start.
For further information, please contact:
Ulrika Hultgren, SVP Corporate Communications & IR, +46 727-47 17 58, firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is information that Bulten AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 13:30 CEST on 27 October 2022.
Bulten Group is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of fasteners to the automotive industry, as well as other customer groups such as consumer electronics. The offering extends from a wide range of standard products to specially adapted fasteners. With Bulten’s Full Service Provider concept (FSP), customers can entrust all their fastener needs to the company, including development, sourcing, logistics and service. The company was founded in 1873, has approximately 1,600 employees in 15 countries and is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Net sales in 2021 totaled SEK 3,730 million. The share (BULTEN) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Read more at www.bulten.com.