TAPTITE®

For innovative assembly

HOW TO THREAD FORM YOUR WAY TO LOWER IN-PLACE COST

 
Thread forming TAPTITE® fasteners offer substantial reduction of overall cost of assembly.

TAPTITE® forms a thread when being driven into core holes drilled, punched or cast in ductile steel and aluminium members. The trilobular geometry and the Radius Profile™ thread design offer an excellent thread forming to failure ratio.

TAPTITE® is a true money-saver, since it eliminates process steps like pre threading and degreasing.

Can you afford not to evaluate the TAPTITE® potential?




SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT

 
Replacing traditional screw assemblies with TAPTITE® significantly reduces the environmental impact of the assembly by eliminating tapping and degreasing operations. Also plastic prevailing torque features are made redundant.

Eliminating process steps like pre thread cutting and degreasing will reduce energy consumption in the process. In most cases, assembly costsavings will exceed the higher screw price by 4–8 times!

IMPROVED ERGONOMICS

 
Conventional metric screw assembly often requires hand start or dog points to avoid cross threading. The stabilizing lead in threads of TAPTITE® ensures axial alignment and the unique thread design of TAPTITE® overcomes most weld splatters and paint remains that normally affect operator ergonomics.

Additionally, TAPTITE® requires a low end load to initiate thread forming, which adds a significant benefit for operators daily assembling thousands of screws.


Taptite 2000

TAPTITE® “SP”™ – FOR NON-FERROUS MATERIALS

 
TAPTITE® “SP”™ fasteners have a shorter point than standard TAPTITE® fasteners to maximize full thread engagement in blind holes, particularly in non-ferrous materials.

TAPTITE® “SP”™ fasteners are primarily used in aluminium and heat treated with CORFLEX®-N to minimize the potential of stress corrosion.

IMPROVED APPLICATION QUALITY

 
TAPTITE® can replace ISO metric screws in most applications. Threads formed by TAPTITE® are fully compatible with the ISO metric system which enables part count reductions for after market and ensures serviceability.

The initial thread forming torque also supports assembly methods as angle monitoring through the initial thread forming torque. TAPTITE® can also be used for “torque-to-yield”-applications. The final assembly provides a superior vibration resistance and mechanical prevailing torque through the trilobular design, which preserves applied clamp load in joint.


A MONEY-SAVER

 
Typically, only about 15 % of the total in-place cost of fastening is the cost of the screw. TAPTITE® can significantly lower the cost of the remaining 85 %, since it:
 

ELIMINATES


  • tapping operation and other related costs

  • hand start

  • prevailing torque features through it’s trilobular geometry

  • needs for Teflon coatings on mating nut members and plugs to avoid weld splatters

  • need for paint clearing features


ENABLES


  • part number reduction by eliminating variants as paint clearing features, prevailing torque features, and in most cases dog points


IN PLACE COST INDEX


Head office

Bulten AB
Box 9148
400 93 Gothenburg, Sweden

Visitor's address:
August Barks gata 6A, Gothenburg
SWEDEN

Tel: + 46 31 734 59 00
Fax: + 46 31 734 59 39

Trademark licensed by

CONTI Fasteners, AG