ONE TOUCH ASSEMBLY
ONE TOUCH ASSEMBLY
For ergonomic and efficient assembly
SPEED UP YOUR PRODUCTION WITH
ONE TOUCH ASSEMBLY SYSTEMS
Cost-efficient and functionally reliable fastening devices can make a real difference in terms of mass production productivity.
As assembly times are planned by seconds, preassembled components are the natural choice.
In order to offer better ergonomics, reduced assembly time and workload to the automotive industry, Bulten has developed two fastening systems with pre-assembled fasteners within the “One Touch Assembly” family: The Seat Belt Fastener and the Clip Screw.
Bulten Clip Screw is currently used in serial production by automotive manufacturers for the assembly of inflatable curtains and seat belts.
The tip of the screw is equipped with a pin, on which a plastic clip is moulded. The screw is a thread forming Taptite® or has a POWERLOK® prevailing torque thread.
- No other “third hand” feature or holes in BIW needed. This reduces the number of operators and assembly time.
- The screw is self centering, even when load is applied. This prevents cross threading.
- No pre-assembling by hand is required.
- When using eyelets, no rotation stop is needed.
- Clip Screw supports both torque and angle monitoring to control assembly performance
Clip Screws are pushed directly into the weldnut with a single thumb operation. The plastic clip grips and remains attached.
Once installed, Clip Screw is ready for the assembly tool. No pre-assembling by hand is required.
SEAT BELT FASTENER
Traditionally, seat belt fastening involves 4 part numbers for pre-assembling the anchor plate or buckle. The assembly process is not failure-proof and the assembly is time-consuming.
Bulten designed an innovative seat belt fastener, on which a plastic retaining ring is pre-assembled on the screw prior to delivery.
The plastic retaining ring is pre-assembled on the screw before delivery by using cost efficient automation equipment. The process is qualityassured. The retaining ring is fixed on the screw by press fit.
OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST
- Clip Screw is suitable for pre-assembly on components where the need of a “third hand operation” can be eliminated
- Clip Screw is also suitable for applications that are pre-assembled in one operation and tightened in a later operation
- The Seat Belt Fastener concept is extendable with features such as spacers and tolerance absorbers in order to protect interior panels on B-pillar etc.
- The One Touch concept allows guide pins, guide clips etc to be eliminated which reduces the overall cost for design and assembly.
- Pre-assembled One Touch products give a significantly more effective inbound logistic flow as several part numbers are eliminated.