UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Our road-map takes its stance in the Global Compact - the UN voluntary initiative, which is based on ten principles of sustainability in human rights, labor law, the environment and anti-corruption. Another guiding principle is the Global Sustainable Development Goals or Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a UN initiative with 17 goals aimed at moving the world in a sustainable direction. These two frameworks, together with our stakeholder dialogues, enable us to integrate the sustainability aspects directly into our core business.
Bulten has analyzed how the company contributes to achieving the UN’s 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and concluded that we above all can contribute positively the SDGs outlined below.
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Invest in renewable energy at our own plants. The first solar panels at a production unit were installed in 2019
- Bulten is working on several levels to increase its energy efficiency
- Investments in energy efficiency in Bulten’s production plants
- ISO 50001 certification in Bergkamen and Bielsko-Biala (management system for energy efficiency)
Promote inclusive and long-term sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work conditions for all.
- Code of conduct both internally and externally
- Bulten’s global HR policy
- Monitoring of health and safety, also company-wide coordination
- Long-term employments (low percentage of contracted staff)
- Increased assessment of the supply chain from a social perspective
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable, inclusive industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Investments in new and existing plants
- Support suppliers in their development, contributing to global trade
- Cooperation with universities in sustainable technology
Foster sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- All of Bulten’s production units have environmental certification.
- Responsible consumption of transportation services.
- Wastewater treatment
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Develop more eco-friendly products and services, such as BUFOe
- Communication, as well as training of employees and suppliers, helps to raise awareness
- Water treatment
- Increased assessment of the supply chain from an environmental perspective
- See also SDG 7